As part of Soham Village College's commitment to e-safety this section of the website contains useful information and resources and other e-safety work done within school.
We also understand that e-safety is not just the responsibility of the school and that parents/carers need to be aware of the issues, to this end we will also be putting up resources covering areas such as online safety, social networking and online privacy. We have also set up an e-safety email account firstname.lastname@example.org for both parents/carers and students to email if they feel they have any problems or want to raise any concerns.
Due to the serious nature of e-safety we look to increase awareness of the issues and practices with staff, students and parents/carers. As well as annually reviewing ICT user agreements and policies the College also:
- Have an annual staff presentation/update on e-safety
- Give students in Years 9 an e-safety talk from Childnet International
- Give additional assemblies where e-safety concerns have been identified
- Teach an e-safety unit to all students in Year 7
- Teach e-safety within the GCSE ICT curriculum
- Keep logs of all staff and student e-safety concerns via Year Head bulletins
- A central log for e-safety concerns is held by the Assistant Head with ICT responsibility